Friday, April 8, 2011

Accident

I know every parent has a first "scare" with their child. Well, we had ours last night. I was driving home from my soccer game when Richard called me to tell me that Kirksey had just fallen off the couch. She had been taking a catnap and Richard had really been watching her so carefully since she was on the couch. She looked like she was "out", so he took the opportunity to get her rice cereal ready for when she woke up. And then, he heard a thump and she started crying. We just know she scared herself with the fall. Richard looked her over really good from head to toe and she just had a little red spot on her head (which also could have been from the position she had been napping in). She was still acting completely normal. We called the pediatrician to see what things we would need to watch for, just to be on the safe side. We set an alarm to wake us up so we could wake her if needed throughout the night. However, she decided she was ready to eat earlier than when the alarm was set. Thankfully she was and is just fine!  I don't think I will ever forget how scared both Richard and I felt. Just the thought of something serious coming from it, makes my eyes start to tear up. I'm sure there will be plenty more times when something happens and we are worried about her. And that there is no way to protect her from everything. All we can do is pray that God will keep her safe throughout her life.




 

2 comments:

  1. Katie and Richard, she is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that! Will fell off of a (low) bed onto a hardwood floor at 7 months - it was terrifying! I turned a SECOND to grab a diaper and THUD. It happens to all of us :). She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete