Monday, February 28, 2011

3 Months Old

Kirksey, you are 3 months old! (well, almost since there are only 28 days in February)


The time is flying by. Your daddy and I cannot believe how old you are.
You are still in size 1 diapers. Your little legs are getting more rolls on them and it is so cute!
You are in 0-3 month clothes.
You are so good at holding your head up. You really like sitting in your bumbo (for a short amount of time). I don't think it will be very long before you can sit up completely on your own. You try now and do well for a second or two, but then you slowly fall to the side.
You are also getting close to rolling over. I'm going to have to start being careful where I put you when I set you down so you don't roll away!
You are such a happy baby. You give us the best big smiles we could ever hope for! You really only fuss when you are hungry, tired, need a diaper change, or want attention.
You are showing your sweet personality more and more every day. It is so fun to watch you grow.
You have found your hands and like to try to suck on them. I try to give you your paci instead so maybe I won't have to make you stop sucking your thumb when you are older.
You also love to see yourself in the mirror. I will set you in your bumbo on our bathroom counter in front of the mirror while I get ready and you keep yourself entertained.
You are still cooing a good bit. I can't wait to see what your first word will be.
You have started to have a slight giggle when you are smiling and "talking". It is adorable. Your daddy was holding you tonight while you napped and he said that you started to laugh and woke yourself up!
You are doing good sleeping at night. You average 6 to 8 hours straight a night, then you wake up to eat and go back to sleep for another 3 hours! You have spent the vast majority in your swing at night. However, last night you slept in your crib all night long. I still had to get up and feed you in the middle of the night, but I was able to get you to go back to sleep in your crib. Maybe we have made the transition!
We are still working on getting you to take good naps during the day. You will only sleep about 30 minutes at a time. I am not complaining though since you do so well at night.
I have gone back to "paid" work and miss you while I am away, but your daddy is taking care of you during those times. You have really taken to him since he has spent so much one-on-one time with you. You have started staring at him like you have stared at me for the last couple of months. It is absolutely precious. I think you are going to be a "daddy's girl"!
I've always heard that you don't really understand the love a parent has for their child until you have one of your own. That statement is so very true. Both your daddy and I would lay down our lives for you in a heartbeat. We completely adore you!

No comments:

Post a Comment