Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July/Kenzie's Birthday Party

I'm a little late posting this, but better late then never!
We took the 1 1/2 hour drive to see our sweet friends in Mississippi on Independence Day. They just moved back from Boston. We were able to meet their precious 1 year old, Kenzie, for the first time. Did I mention that we had not seen Jennifer and Ashley since our wedding day? I was so excited to see them again, and I'm so very happy that they are only a short drive away!
Richard made us take a picture in front of the surprise Jennifer got when they reached Mississippi. (I told Richard that it was a GREAT gift for a wife after all his training is done, ha!)



When we first arrived Jennifer was holding Kirksey and when she realized she didn't know who was holding her, she started to cry. Then Kenzie chimmed in crying too. They both recovered quickly though.
Here we are down the street awaiting the start of the parade.



You can't see the lady very well in this picture, but she is a 73 year old (I think) dressed in what reminded me of a baton-twirler's uniform!



We only walked with the parade around the corner (it was HOT), then headed back to the house to begin the birthday festivities!
First, all the kiddos played in what will be the dining room at Kenzie's house.


Kirksey spent most of her time observing the other kids and chewing gumming toys. 




Kenzie, the birthday girl, having fun with her Nana.


Now, on to the cake!


I loved the party hat Jennifer had ordered for Kenzie.



Jennifer and Ashley helping Kenzie get the cake into her mouth. She was having more fun throwing it on the floor!




I'd have to say she had some fun with her first cake!


Kirksey needed a break after all the excitement.


Then she was ready to go again.


Excuse the fact that I tied her dress up so she could crawl around better.


Pedestrians, watch out!


We enjoyed being able to celebrate with y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment