Sunday, January 15, 2012

29 Forever

Today is the last day in my twenties and tomorrow will bring on the dreaded day. I have not been looking forward to this one bit. 
My 20s brought along many things...
being on my own, 
deciding on a career, 
finding a wonderful husband,
having an amazing daughter,
living in 3 different states...
all in all, so many life changing things occurred.
I am blessed that my twenties were so amazing. The years after my twenties (I am refusing to say the decade) will undoubtedly be just as good if not better. Many doctors have told Richard that this next decade will be the best years of our lives. We will be able to...
afford the things that most people in their twenties can (since their careers were really started then, and it takes doctors longer to really get "started"),
become settled in one place,
watch this precious one grow,
and hopefully have a bigger family.

But until I decide that getting older truly is better, I vow to be 29 forever!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!! Kirksey is BEAUTIFUL! (just like her mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 30th, sweet friend!! Wish we could go to lunch and have cupcakes to celebrate!!!!
    PS - I want to eat Kirksey up in that picture...holy moly BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete