Thursday, January 19, 2012

Zoo and Finger Paints

We went to the zoo on my birthday and we had a great time. Kirksey is truly at such a fun age!






Then when we got home she decided to clean the floor for me for my birthday present!


Today I decided to make homemade finger paint. I used a recipe that I had found on Pinterest via easiepeasie.blogspot.com.

The recipe is:

3 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup corn starch
2 cups water

Combine ingredients in a small saucepan. Warm until mixture thickens. Cool and pour into containers. Add food coloring to create desired colors.

I think I could have cooked it for a little less time to make it more runny. It ended up being a "pudding" consistency.


And Richard thought saving these jars were "not worth it" ;)


I only added 2 drops of each color this time to make sure it didn't stain Kirksey's skin, but I could have added more in hindsight!



I put Kirksey in one of my small t-shirts and used a bag clip and hair clips to help it fit her. We use what we have around here. :)




She did not like the finger paint idea, so she used spoons, q-tips, and a cheese spreader.


Some did wind up in her mouth. I wasn't worried about it though, because I knew there was nothing in it that would harm her, it just obviously did not taste good.



Then of course she liked playing with the jar.



Best of all, it kept her occupied for about 1 hour!


Just a few more pictures of my sweet girl!







1 comment:

  1. SO cute!! I'll have to try that finger paint recipe...although as busy as Mills is these days it may be ALL OVER the house in 2.2 seconds, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete