Wednesday, November 24, 2010

14 Days...

Check out the ticker above...I am 38 weeks today, only 14 days from my due date!  I am hoping Kirksey will come a little sooner though. Richard wants her to at least wait until December 2 (this is when he will change to another rotation), although he really thinks she will be past her due date. I am getting a little more uncomfortable every day. There are times when she pushes her feet out so hard that I think it will pop right though my skin. She still moves a lot, but it is more rolling and adjusing then bouncing all over the place. I know I have said it before, but I really do not think my belly can stretch anymore. Thankfully, I don't have any stretch marks (yet), and I'll give the credit to Palmer's Cocoa Butter. Here's the 38 week picture:


Over the past week I have been getting ready for Kirksey to come, I guess you could call it nesting. I have washed EVERYTHING and now it is all in its "spot".

Before

After
I have also slowly started to make meals to put in the deep freeze for later. So far I have made taco/southwest soup and chicken spaghetti. Please send me some good meals that freeze well if you have them!

My hospital bag is almost ready. Richard has given me a hard time about not having this packed yet since I usually start packing very early for vacations/trips. One of the last things I have to put in the bag is Kirksey's coming home outfit. I got her a sweet white Pixie Lily (Charleston made) outfit and her initials are being monogrammed on it in pink. It should be ready sometime today! I'll wait to show the outfit until she is wearing it home!

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I am working ALL day, Richard is going to cook a turkey. This will be the first one "we" have cooked in our house, or maybe I should say ever since neither of us have actually been in charge of cooking one. Richard's mom and my mom have cooked one here, but not us. Hopefully it will turn out ok and we will be able to eat turkey tomorrow night! Today I am going to make sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, and cornbread casserole in advance, so Richard just has to heat it up when I am headed home from work.
Richard and I talk a lot about how blessed we are and everything we are thankful for. This year the big thing in the forefront of our minds that we are thankful for is this sweet little girl that we prayed for and can't wait to meet!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!




1 comment: