Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One Week Old

This week has been exhausting, but I wouldn't change a thing about it. Having Kirksey here with us is wonderful. We find ourselves loving her more and more every day!
Over the past week we had both sets of grandparents here to visit and help us out (Thank y'all!).
Kirksey had her first pediatrician's appointment. She had only lost 4 oz. We go back again next Monday and I can't wait to see how her weight has changed. Part of me wants to take her up to work so I can go ahead and weigh her to see how she is doing with gaining weight.


Kirskey also had her first social event and attended the Christmas pajama party at the Yoe's! We went early and only stayed for about 30 min, but it was good to get out and make our appearance.


Maci is starting to warm up to Kirksey.


Waker came by with his mom, Megan, to meet Kirksey. They are exactly one week apart.


Last night, we decided to get out of the house to go get ice cream. I sat in the front seat for the first time, instead of beside Kirksey. We hadn't even left our neighborhood before I started to cry because I couldn't see her. I know it is ridiculous, and it is the hormones, but I just can't imagine something happening to her.
Today Richard had to go back to work, so it was just Kirksey and me today. Ashley was very sweet to pick up lunch for us. Nicole and Mills came over too! So, we had a good first day! I am definitely looking forward to Richard being off again starting on the 16th though!



No comments:

Post a Comment