Sunday, January 30, 2011

2 Months Old

Kirksey, you are 2 months old today! So what have you been up to?


You are still in size 1 diapers, although you are getting more little rolls! We do not go through as many diapers as we used to in a day. I think part of that is due to the fact that your daddy is getting better/faster at the diaper changes! I think you have gotten more "control" over it all too though.

You are still wearing newborn sized clothes, but I do not think it will be long before you move up to 0-3 month outfits. They are just a little big on you right now.


You are smiling so much these days and you even have a giggle here and there! You are also starting to coo a lot. You need a little prompting, but then you go with it! These are some of the sweetest sounds ever!

You are doing such a good job sitting in your Bumbo seat, but you only last about 5-10 minutes and you are ready to get out. I think it is because you don't like to sit still in one place very long. I think you are going to be a busy little girl!


You love to look at EVERYTHING. You really want to know what is going on around you. You can hear my voice and you will turn to look for where I am. I noticed this one day when your dad was holding you and I was just walking around and talking to him. It makes me so happy to feel like you really know who I am. Maybe your first word will be "mama"? "Dada" or any other word you say first will be perfect too!


You are doing good "mini push-ups" during tummy time. You sometimes get your leg swinging so much that I think you might "accidently" roll yourself over one day soon.


You sleep really good at night (almost every night). The most you have slept in one stretch was 9 hours! You only did that once. You average about 6-7 hours, which is great! Your good stretches of sleep are always in the swing. We are slowly trying to conquer the crib!  We are also still working on naps during the day. You will maybe take a couple of short naps (30 minutes give or take) without being held. You definitely prefer to be held though!


Your dad and I love you more and more with every day that goes by! We are so enjoying getting to see the glimpses of your personality you show us every day!

3 comments:

  1. she is soooo stinking cute, still little as can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2 month Birthday Kirksey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cutie pie! can't wait to put those pics of her on my computer and post them!! hope y'all are having fun and making lots of progress in memphis!

    ReplyDelete