Friday, January 21, 2011

Naps

Or at the beginning of this week the lack of naps. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were hard days around our house. Kirksey would not take a nap and I was at my wits' end.  I had tried everything I could think of, even a car ride didn't work. Kirksey would only nap in my arms or on me while I was wearing the Baby Bjorn. Everytime I would set her down after she had fallen asleep she would stay asleep for about 2-3 minutes then would wake up crying/screaming. I would pick her up and she would calm down very fast and be wide-eyed for a while. During these wide-eyed moments she would look into my eyes and give me a BIG smile. I think God knew that when I saw those smiles there was no way I could be mad at her. Yesterday, however, she took a good 45 minute nap in her crib! Then today she took another nap in her crib for 45 minutes and this afternoon she has been asleep for a while in her swing! I was even able to nap a little too!
How could I ever be mad at this sweet face, even with the sleep deprivation...


I'm LOVING these smiles!

2 comments:

  1. My name is Catherine Williams. I lived in Brooksville until moving to Starkville a few years ago. I was 2 grades ahead of Richard in high school. Your daughter is beautiful. I know that Richard and you are having so much fun even though you are sleep deprived. My first baby (I have 2...a 4 year old girl and 3 mo. old girl)never slept during the day unless I held her. She did fabulous at night. So hang in there. Tell Richard hello for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at little Miss Kirkeys cute grin. Precious!!

    ReplyDelete