Friday, September 30, 2011

10 Months Old

Kirksey, you are 10 months old!
You are growing up so fast already.
You still wear size 3 diapers.
You wear mostly 6-9 month clothes.
You still nurse 5 times a day and have 3 meals of "real" food each day. You are a good eater. There really isn't anything that you won't eat. It might take a second try, but then you eat whatever it is without any problems. I am very thankful for that! I am still making/pureeing most of your baby food; however, when we travel I use the organic jars or pouches since that is easier.
We are still waiting on your first pearly white to show itself. I'm really not in a rush for you to get teeth though since I am still nursing you.
You are sick for the second time right now. You have had a fever for a day with an extremely runny nose. Hopefully, you will get over this little bug soon! You are still such a sweet baby, even if you have been a little fussy lately.
You get into everything and anything you can get your hands on. You are starting to know if it is something that you shouldn't be in because you will go to touch it, then look back to me to see what I will do.
You have so much personality already. I can't wait to see more of it!
You still LOVE Mr. Dup-a-doo. We are on our 3rd one. We can ask you where he is and tell you to go get him and you do it with a big excited smile on your face.
You really like Panda too. When you see him you get so excited and flap your arms and legs as you make happy noises. I know it makes daddy very happy since he was the one who picked Panda out for you.
You have said several words, mostly you repeat after I say them over and over and over. You have said dog, duck, book, hello dada (playing with the phone). Of course, I only know you were saying these because we were working on them at that moment and not because they were very clear. However, you say "dada" very clearly and all the time. You have yet to say "mama", but you have gotten close a few times. You also say "uh, oh" when you drop something.
You are starting to point to more things. The first thing you started pointing at was the light.
You have stood on your own a handful of times, but mostly use me or furniture to help you up. I know you could start walking if you wanted to, but you are so good at crawling I don't think you have much of a reason to start yet. You will be standing and will wobble like you might walk, but then you sit down very controlled and take off crawling toward the object that has you attention at the moment.
You go all over the place with your walker. If you run into the wall or furniture you push it so hard that it lifts up off the back wheels and then you get mad you can't keep going. So, we just turn you around and you're off again.
You are such a delight. It is so much fun watching you develop and discover new things. This has been one of my favorite months...along with the last 9 months!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! She is growing up so fast. Hope all is well in Memphis:) xoxo!

    ReplyDelete