Thursday, September 1, 2011

Daycare

Like I've said before, I have started work back. Which means we had to find someone to watch our precious (little bit of a handful) Kirksey. Thankfully, there is a daycare through my work that I can use up to 45 days out of the year. Which is great since I am only going to have to use it maybe 2 or 3 times a month. It is also very affordable.
Kirksey had her first day of daycare yesterday. Here's the picture just before we headed out the door.
 We both look happy, right? Well, let's just say that those smiles didn't last much longer after I dropped her off.
As soon as I walked out of the room, she started crying/screaming. I had tried to slip out without her seeing, but as soon as I was halfway out the door she saw me. Oh, the look of hurt I saw in those eyes. Heartbreaking! I stood outside the door for a few minutes to see if she would calm down. I knew I couldn't go back in there though because it would just make it worse. Several minutes passed and she was still very upset. Fighting back tears I walked out of the daycare and got in my car to get to work before I was late. I did manage to hold back tears until I got in my car (it was a good thing I had waterproof mascara on!).
When I called to check on Kirksey a few hours later they told me that she was being fussy and upset, that she had not eaten, and that she would not take a nap. My poor, sweet little girl was distraught (so was her mama).
Thankfully, I only had a short day and was able to pick her up a little before 1pm. At least, I knew that she would eat from me once we got home. As soon as I picked her up she gave me a big smile and was JUST fine. Needless to say, I apologized to the sweet ladies that took care of her all day. Hopefully next time will be better.
She still only managed to take a 30 minute nap...all day long! Maybe she was scared I would leave her again?
Oh, I took a picture of her daily slip that they give the parents. Check out the comment she got, it makes me wonder just how bad she really was.

No comments:

Post a Comment